December 28, 2015. The day I learned I have type 2 diabetes. That’s not what I wanted for Christmas.
So what am I going to do about it?
- Start taking the medicine my doctor prescribed.
- Start taking blood sugar readings.
- Change how I cook.
- Start exercising again.
- Lose weight.
- Help others who are on this journey.
My mother had diabetes. My father has it. So do 2 of my brothers. And now it’s me. But I don’t plan on having a pity party. I also don’t plan to take my new medicine and not make any life-style changes. I plan to do something. For me. For my wife and kids. For my friends. And for you.
This site was originally started as a Science Fair experiment by my elementary school-aged daughter. I’m re-launching it for a variety of reasons:
- To document my personal journey in (and out of) type 2 diabetes.
- To research, try, and share good recipes that will help me curb carbs.
- To encourage others who need to lose weight, to fight diabetes, to exercise.
- To share resources that will help do all of this.
I value your input on this blog. Share your story. Share your frustrations as well as victories. Help encourage others.
What I don’t want for me or you:
- heart disease
- loss of eye sight
- loss of movement
- a shortened life
What I do want for me and for you:
- Weight loss – we’ll feel better. We both know it!
- Healthy life-style of exercise, better eating
- Loving life
- The BEST life you and I can live.
Join me on this journey.